Saturday, August 22, 2009

Race to Witch Mountain (Saturday, August 22, 2009) (118)

This is a re-tooling of the old Disney classic Escape to Which Mountain. In this version Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson is a taxi driver who picks up two kids that are actually aliens. They convince him to take them into the distant desert where they find some alien road map to their crashed flying saucer. They encounter some alien bad guy and also get into crap with the F.B.I. Ultimately they find their ship with the help of scientists at a sci-fi convention and escape the G-Men and the alien cop guy. Oh - I guess I just gave away the ending. Sorry.

This is not a good movie - and is much too hard to follow. The Rock is actually pretty good and fun - as is Ciaran Hinds (who is always good). But it's too complicated and almost nothing is explained about what is going on and I really didn't care about what happened. I don't think this was only because I'm no 9 years-old and that I'm too old for it - I think it's just not a great movie.

Stars: .5 of 4

1 comment: