Sunday, January 2, 2011

The Worst Films of 2010

So 2010 was a very good year in bad movies. There was a lot of garbage released. Most of it was from Hollywood, though there were a bunch of independent movies as well.

One note I want to make is that Birdemic is one of the most sublimely horrible films I've ever seen in my life. It might be worst than Tommy Wiseau's The Room (and possibly worst than Troll 2, though I've never seen that). Every part of it is terrible, the story, acting, direction, music, editing, sound editing and special effects are so bad it seems like it has to be a joke... but if it was a joke, they wouldn't be so convincingly terrible. I gave it its own section of the list because it deserves it. It is the Michael Jordan of bad movies.

Eat Pray Love was totally offensive too, so that gets 1A. In a normal year it would be the worst of the year, but it was unlucky enough to be released the same year as Birdemic - a true masterpiece of shit!

Oh - and Oliver Stone is the big winner with Wall Street 2 and South of the Border both on this list. He had a heckuva year!

The Bottom Ten Films of 2010:

1 Birdemic: Shock and Terror

1A Eat Pray Love
2 The Runaways
3 Black Swan
4 Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps
5 Twilight Saga: Eclipse
6 The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest
7 The Last Airbender
8 Salt
9 Dinner For Schmucks
10 Greenberg

Honorable Mentions:

Middle Men
South of the Border
Alice in Wonderland -3D (I don't know where this blogpost went. Sorry. The movie sucked.)
Enter the Void
Shutter Island
You Will Meet a Tall Dark Stranger
Hereafter
Fair Game
The Agony and Ecstasy of Phil Spector
Holy Rollers
Somewhere
Valhalla Rising

4 comments:

  1. I think I've seen more movies from this list than from the best list...I guess because this one has more Hollywood. I agree that Dinner for Schmucks was horrid awfulness and Eat Pray Love was yuppafied stupidity.

    ReplyDelete
  2. But I must admit, I'm most curious about Birdemic given your hatred of it. I'm also curious about Black Swan as I've heard others say it's their favorite movie of the year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Birdemic is absolute garbage... but really artful garbage. It's a work of outsider art, naïve art. It is worth watching drunk or stoned and with a group of people.

    Some people think that Black Swan is a great movie. These people are wrong and stupid. It's horrendous (with one nice visal moment).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh, now I wanna see Birdemic! It sounds like fun.

    ReplyDelete