Sunday, June 28, 2009

Year One (Sunday, June 28, 2009) (77)

Before I went to this movie, I was talking to a friend about seeing it and he asked me why the hell I was going. I didn't have a good answer aside from that I thought it might be funny. The trailers made it look sorta funny - well, super stupid and funny - and I was hoping for a few laughs.

Well, it was heavy on stupid... though, I thought it was funny. And much more biblical than I was expecting. I thought it was just going to be a movie about know-nothing cavemen who do stupid shit. Instead it was about two know-nothing cavemen in Old Testament biblical times romping through Sodom pre-hellfire and brimstone. Seriously.

Some of the biblical shenanigans were funny, some were pretty dumb. Overall Michael Cera was funny in the aw-shucks high school dork way that he does. Jack Black was very... Jack Black.... he was annoying.

There is no reason to ever see this movie. It's funny and clever, but totally stupid.

Stars: 1 of 4

No comments:

Post a Comment